The Friends of the New Forest:
- Support the exercise of common rights as the most efficient and cost‐effective means of maintaining the special qualities of the landscape of the unenclosed Forest.
- Support policies and initiatives which will protect the intrinsic character and special qualities of New Forest landscape embracing its diverse habitats.
- Encourage policies and practices for forestry, habitat protection and restoration and commoning.
- Support a strategic approach to managing recreation in the Forest.
- Support the protective policies of the local planning authorities, and small‐scale development that assists the rural economy or sustains the exercise of common rights within the Forest.
- Support reducing the impact of road traffic on the tranquillity and environmental quality of the Forest through traffic and demand management, road design and landscaping.
- Promote understanding and appreciation of the New Forest through our leaflets and other publications and by our presence at local shows in and around the Forest. Also initiates and collaborates with others to carry out research or surveys to increase understanding about changes to the Forest and the impacts of various activities upon it.
- Support the appropriate management of the Forest by, and funding of, the various responsible bodies.
We can offer a varied and informative talk of up to an hour with great photos, which should be of general interest to any audience. We would welcome a modest donation – say £25-£50.